Data Drip Privacy Notice
(Last Updated: April, 2020)
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to DataDrip websites, applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice (together, “DDS Offerings”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the “content” processed, stored, or hosted by our customers using DDS Offerings in connection with an DDS account. See the agreement governing your access to your DataDrip account and the DDS Privacy FAQ for more information about how we handle content and how our customers can control their content through DDS Offerings. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice.
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Location of Personal Information
- How We Secure Information
- Internet Advertising and Third Parties
- Access and Choice
- Children’s Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
- Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions
- Examples of Information Collected
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing DDS Offerings to you. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to DDS Offerings. See below under ‘Examples of Information You Provide Us‘ for examples of information you give us.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with DDS Offerings. Examples of information we collect automatically is included in this notice.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources. Examples of information we collect from other sources is included below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve DDS Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide DDS Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver DDS Offerings and process transactions related to DDS Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve DDS Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop DDS Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend DDS Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with DDS Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to DDS Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote DDS Offerings. We might display interest-based ads for DDS Offerings.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, DDS, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through DDS Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, other than those potentially related to payments for DDS offerings, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: delivering DDS hardware, sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that DDS or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of DDS, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
Data Drip Solutions is located in the United States. At the present time, none of your information will be stored in other countries. However, should that ever become the case, whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws in those other jurisdictions.
How We Secure Information
At DDS, security is our highest priority. We architect our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from DDS websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- The third party vendor that processes credit card information follows the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Internet Advertising and Third Parties
DDS Offerings may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
Access & Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with DDS Offerings. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Many DDS Offerings include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain DDS Offerings.
- Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please login and modify your account settings. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in your Datadrip account.
- Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children’s Personal Information
We don’t provide DDS Offerings for purchase by children. If you are under 18, unless you are the owner of the company doing business with DDS, you may use DDS Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We will, however, obtain and retain data related to children to the extent that your business sells products or services to children.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of DDS Offerings, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at DDS or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. You may also contact us at the addresses below:
CO Industrious Irvine
3333 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
If you interact with DDS Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.
Privacy Information for Other Jurisdictions
We provide additional information about the privacy, collection, and use of personal information of prospective and current customers of DDS Offerings located in certain jurisdictions.
These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act and are effective as of January 24, 2020:
Categories of personal information collected.
The personal information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the DDS Offerings:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number;
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or US federal law, such as age or gender, for example if we conduct user surveys or analysis;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- biometric information, such as your voice or appearance, for example if you choose to participate in a demonstration of a speech or image recognition service;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer, for example if you enable location services to enhance your experience through event applications we offer;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, including when you communicate with us by phone or otherwise;
- professional or employment-related information, for example data you may provide about your business;
- inference data, such as information about your preferences; and
- education information, such as information about enrollment status, fields of study, or degrees, honors, and awards received.
For more information about the personal information we collect, click here.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose.
The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with the DDS Offerings:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, or phone numbers, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver DDS hardware;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications under California or US federal law, for example if we conduct user surveys or analysis using a third party service provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a third party service provider to help us gather reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- biometric information, for example if you choose to participate in a demonstration of certain DDS services facilitated by a third party service provider;
- geolocation data, for example if we enable transportation services from a third party in connection with an DDS event;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, for example if a third party service provider reviews recordings of customer support phone calls for quality assurance purposes;
- professional or employment-related information, for example if we provide information to a third party service provider for verification or registration as part of the DDS Offerings.
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us.
No sale of personal information.
We have not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
European Economic Region:
Controller of Personal Information.
DDS is the data controller of personal information collected or processed through DDS Offerings.
We process your personal information on one or more of the following legal bases:
- as necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide DDS Offerings, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
- where we have a legitimate interest, as described in this Privacy Notice;
as necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations, including to
- respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- with your consent.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- ask whether we hold personal information about you and request copies of such personal information and information about how it is processed;
- request that inaccurate personal information is corrected;
- request deletion of personal information that is no longer necessary for the purposes underlying the processing, processed based on withdrawn consent, or processed in non-compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- request us to restrict the processing of personal information where the processing is inappropriate;
- object to the processing of personal data;
- request portability of personal information that you have provided to us (which does not include information derived from the collected information), where the processing of such personal information is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means; and
- lodge a complaint with our principal supervisory authority, the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données in Luxembourg www.cnpd.lu, or with a local authority.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability by contacting us. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time, and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
Please refer to our Cookies Notice.
Transfers outside of the EEA.
When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we do so in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection law. This may include the transfer of data in accordance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks (for transfers to the US) or pursuant to data transfer agreements that incorporate the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
Examples of Information You Provide to Us
Information You Give Us
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, or purchase DDS Offerings;
- create or administer your DDS account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using DDS Offerings);
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with DDS Offerings;
- register for or attend an DDS event;
- purchase or use content, products, or services from third-party providers through the DataDrip Market (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- offer your content, products, or services on or through DDS Offerings;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- post on DDS websites or participate in community features; and
- employ notification services.
Depending on your use of DDS Offerings, you might supply us with such information as:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
- information about your location;
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you use certain DDS Offerings;
- information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
We collect information automatically when you:
- visit, interact with, or use DDS Offerings (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with DDS Offerings);
- download content from us;
- open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
- interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend a DDS event or when you request customer support).
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider;
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- authentication and security credential information;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads;
- DDS Offerings metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time) and DDS Offerings, content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and
- identifiers and information contained in cookies (see our Use of Our Cookies).
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or third parties in relation to DDS Offerings;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and
- credit history information from credit bureaus.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through DDS Offerings include:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history;
- payment settings, such as payment instrument information and billing preferences;
- email communication and notification settings.